Friday, June 17, 2011

Facebook Featured Fan Announced: John Raab

Hi. Thanks for stopping by.

Today's featured fan is a dear friend of mine from college, Mr. John Raab. You can't help but love this man when you meet him. John is one of the most humble people you will ever meet. He has an unbelievably gifted natural musical talent (oh my goodness - lovely singing voice, he always played a mean piano and was the organist extraordinaire and music director for St. Agnes Church in West Chester for years and years) but you won't find him talking about that. I was blessed to meet him in college. He accompanied many of the students and choirs, he was a great vocal coach, too - but he always just kind of just did that to help. John became a great friend of mine and quite honestly, when I think of my college years, the majority of my memories have John Raab in them. I think we had a very entertaining German diction class together... but that is another story. All of my memories of John make me smile.

Pictures of John are slim pickings, but I found this teeny tiny one of him that was posted when he taught at Taylor's Music School in West Chester.
Enjoy reading about my dear friend, John!
=============================
Are you a dog or a cat person? I am a cat person.
What is your favorite pizza topping? Pepperoni is my favorite pizza topping.
Did you play sports or a band instrument in high school? I played no sports or band instrument in high school.  I was, however,  in choir and orchestra. I played the piano in orchestra and accompanied the choir. I started playing the piano at age eight and the organ at twelve. I started playing in Church when I was fourteen.
What do you think came first, the chicken or the egg? The egg came first, of course.
What would you like readers to know about you personally?  Personally, I'd like readers to know that I am on dialysis but still get around.
What is your business? What "do you do?" I am a retired church Music Director.
Who is your greatest supporter in your life and work? My greatest support system is my housemate, Joe.
Who or what inspires you? Again, my greatest inspiration is my housemate, Joe.
Is there something you are really passionate about? What is it? I am VERY passionate about music, ESPECIALLY Opera.
What is your favorite opera? My favorite opera has to be La Boheme. It was the first opera I saw with Pavarotti.
What is your favorite quote? My favorite quote is "eat dessert first, life is too short."
How can people reach you? People can reach me through Facebook.
  ========================
Want to learn how you may become our Featured Fan?
 

Christine Maziarz,
Certified Balloon Artist
Creating Exciting Balloon Memories, LLC
Yep, I'm on Facebook!
Twitter, too! @balloonheart
Serving Southeastern PA      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, comments and inspirations. My request is that all posts remain family-friendly. Have a balloontastic day!