Friday, August 12, 2011

Featured Fan Announced: Beth Flint

Beth Flint. She has been my homeschooling mentor, my angel, my confidant in times of need, my encourager, my medical reference resource, my teammate, my teacher, and best of all my friend over the last handful of years. She is one of those women that when you meet her, you know you are blessed to have met her. I had the privilege to get to know Beth through homeschooling my daughter. Beth was one of the original people who encouraged me to give it a try. Later, she and I co-led the Pottstown Area Homeschoolers together, which Beth still does today. I do not think there are enough kind and wonderful words in the world for Beth. She is one of those angels on earth and I'm a better person because I know her. Enjoy reading about this amazing woman.
========================
Are you a dog or a cat person? I am definitely a dog person. I do have an allergy to cats. That prevents me from having any indoors but I love barn cats.

What is your favorite pizza topping? I love a good white pizza with spinach or Corropolese's real tomato pie (without any toppings!)

Did you play sports or a band instrument in high school(what activities did you participate in - doesn't have to be associated with school)?
I was a majorette and also twirled a sword for a short time.

What do you think came first, the chicken or the egg? I definitely believe the egg came first.

Tell us about your family.
My husband and I have two teenage boys, 16 & 14, and an English Setter, named Ziggy.

What would you like readers to know about you personally? I am a versatile, easy-going, objective person who strongly believes that all things happen for a reason.

What is your business? What "do you do?" : )  I wear many, many hats. Besides being a mother, wife and sister, I am currently homeschooling both boys. I am a registered nurse and enjoy helping family and friends to advocate for themselves when it comes to their health. I am also an accomplished horseback rider, and on occasion enjoy teaching lessons & training green horses. I also tinker with writing and a newer hobby, tatting.

What is the best part of your job/duties? I love seeing people and animals succeed at learning something new; whether it is a family member learning how to live healthier, or the green pony learning how to yield from my leg, or my 14 year old figuring out a quadratic equation, or my 16 year old wiring a motor. It's all good.

Who is your greatest supporter in your life and work? I draw support from my family, my friends and my Faith.

Who or what inspires you? The inert goodness of people, that occasionally rears its head to show its amazing hidden splendor.

Is there something you are really passionate about? What is it? I am passionate about 'paying things forward'.

What is your favorite quote? 'What comes around, goes around.'

What is your favorite subject to teach? I don't think I really have a favorite. I love to teach horseback riding, and swimming, but as far as a school subject, I enjoy them all. Each has its own good points & bad points, and it's a challenge to keep subjects like English and Math interesting. The internet has been a tremendous help in that area.

How can people reach you? The easiest and most reliable way to reach me is email.

Websitewww.homeschool-life.com/pa/pah
email: Monsterjam2@aol.com or Pottstownarea.homeschoolers@yahoo.com

========================


Would you like to learn how you may become our Featured Fan? Click hereNote: More than likely, this will migrate to our "Social Media" Featured Fan so we will look at all of our social media sites for someone who takes the time to interact with us. Stay tuned.
  
Christine Maziarz,
Certified Balloon Artist
Creating Exciting Balloon Memories, LLC 
Yep, I'm on Facebook!
Twitter, too! @balloonheart
Serving Southeastern PA
PA Event Decor, PA School Assembly, PA School Show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, comments and inspirations. My request is that all posts remain family-friendly. Have a balloontastic day!