Saturday, July 24, 2010

Birthday Wishes to a Special Woman, My Availability and Other Things...

Happy Birthday, Mom!


I have to open with a quick shout-out to my wonderful mother! Mom, thanks for always being there for me. For being the best mother a girl could ever ask for and for always speaking the truth - even when it hurts. : ) Your support of me through the years has always been something I appreciate beyond words. I count you as one of my greatest blessings. I love you very much. Happy Birthday, Mom!


******************************

For everyone else... thanks for spending some time in your busy schedule to read my blog. Here is what I have to "say" this unbelievably hot weekend.


New Blog Layout
What do you think? Like it? Hate it? Let me know. : )

My Availability
I have had more than a few people, recently, ask about my availability on booking events, so I thought I would take a moment to address this. As many of you know, my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer this past March. He had the tumor removed and is cancer-free, praise God! However, due to his young age, the doctors advised that he have a round of chemo to catch any potential microscopic cells of cancer that could possibly be floating around in his system. He is currently in the midst of his chemo treatments and we are adjusting to what a very good friend of mine calls our "new normal." : ) This being said, I cut my available hours drastically for the months he is undergoing chemotherapy. I AM currently booked through mid-November. My website calendar has been updated and if I am available to work, the calendar will say "available". If you have an event that you would like Miss Balloon Heart to attend, check it out! Believe it or not, I already have requests for 2011 dates in the works! So, yes, I AM taking bookings but NO, I do not have availability before November 20th, 2010.

Professional Balloon Education
Yes, there are balloon conventions and you would not believe how many of them there are! It is actually quite hard to choose which to attend but then at the same time, it is wonderful that there are so many options as we all have different schedules and needs. I will be receiving my next dose of professional training in August. I was scheduled to attend Diamond Jam and Balloon Camp in Las Vegas. We received word, about a week ago that the event was canceled! Yes, registrations paid and plane tickets purchased. What is a gal to do?  Thankfully, my dismay did not last long as angels in this industry stepped up and planned within a week's time two events for those of us who were unable to get out of our travel arrangements (that would be me). 


I will be attending AlternaJam on August 9th - this focus is for balloon twisters and entertainers and then Balloonstitute on August 10th and 11th - these days the focus will be on balloon decor. Thank you to all of the amazing individuals who stepped up to run these events!


Another change with the cancellation of the convention is that the CBA Exam that I had planned to take while in Vegas was canceled as well. Thankfully, Pioneer scheduled one in New Jersey in September, so all of my studying and preparation will be able to be put to use fairly soon AND I am able to drive there. Woo hoo! 


There is probably more to write but I believe that is enough for one week. : ) I know many of you have been praying for my husband and our family and we appreciate that beyond words. We truly are doing as well as we possibly could be doing and can not wait until hubby's final chemo treatment! 


I leave you with this fun search story video that I took a few minutes to make. Try one for your business, too. It is cute and super easy create. Thanks to Dale Obrochta for sharing it with others!






Creating Spectacular Memories with Balloons,

Christine Maziarz
a.k.a. Miss Balloon Heart
"Balloon Genie"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, comments and inspirations. My request is that all posts remain family-friendly. Have a balloontastic day!